MORE WRTC

cmschonewaldcox at ucdavis.edu cmschonewaldcox at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 8 00:55:43 EDT 1994

More WRTC 95:
The deadline for submission of WRTC teams is DEC 31,1994
Has anyone seen any publicity about the WRTC?
The ability to get the word "out" by Dec 31 is extremely limited.
To get an article in CQ now would mean the DEC issue!
No one in Europe/rest of the World will see that till sometime in
Feb!
I purpose:
1. The dealine be extended to April 1995

2. That WRTC teams should NOT be selected by ITU zone.

10 teams from USA = 1/call area
10 teams from JA  = 1/call area
15+ teams from Europe
 2 teams from Oceania
 4 teams from UA9/0/4X etc
 4 teams from South America
 2 teams from Africa
Total = 47 teams
Of course the numbers are variable but it a place to start.
This is within the framework of looking for 50 teams and I think
reflects more realistically where good operators are found.
In reality, I think that 2 teams from Africa and 4 teams from Non-
JA asia is looking for too much.

3.As several Europeans have put it: "If I compete from F or S5 then
it IS A TEAM! If I compete from zone 27,28 etc it is TWO SINGLE
OPS!"

4. This is a WORLD event. Do NOT cloud the thinking by using a 1
country (USA for example) approach. Europeans are each from a
DIFFERENT country. JA deserves more than 1 team + back-up.
The deadline approaches very soon.

73 Bob K3EST
It is important for non-W's to exprese an opinion