the /125 thing

kd5pj at lobby.ti.com kd5pj at lobby.ti.com
Mon Sep 12 10:32:34 EDT 1994

Derek, AA5BT, writes:

> I thought the best ops were, on average, the DX Field Reps - they
> have all worked 300+ countries and know something about pile-ups
> and weak signals, although some of them were obviously unused to
> being on the hot end of a pile-up.

Another group that handled things well were the NTS'ers.  It would be
nice to hear some of these callsigns some Sunday afternoon during cw ss!

73,
Charlie  KD5PJ          kd5pj at lobby.ti.com

From: jholly at hposl42.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback) (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 07:38:19 -0700
Subject: the /125 thing

On Sep 11, 10:09pm, Robert Wood wrote:
> Subject: Re: the /125 thing
> One of the better ones I heard during the /125 thing was
> a 9 who was a asst director on 20mtrs, taking a list by
> the last two please.
> speaking of GAS (agn.)  I was reading though NCJ last night
> July/August 1990 and noticed a "for sale" home and one of the
> features was 3-PHASE POWER.  Maybe 3-phase power isn't as uncommon
> as I thought.  (pg.23)  Now why would a 2200 sq.ft. home need 3-phase?

for the wood shop tools, of course :-)

Jim, WA6SDM
jholly at cup.hp.com

From: George Cutsogeorge <0006354141 at mcimail.com> (George Cutsogeorge)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 09:38 EST
Subject: QRM Eliminator

For anyone who is interested, I received the following response
about the QRM Eliminator.  When I learn more, I will post the
info.

George, W2VJN.  mbx gcutso at mcimail.com

> Can anyone tell me where to get some information on the S.E.M.
> QRM Eliminator-MarkII that was reviewed in the PVRC Newsletter
> by Fred, K3ZO?  It apparently uses an auxillary noise antenna and
> can phase out locally generated noise at the rcvr input.

It is sold by   SEM
                8 Fort William
                Head Road
                Douglas
                Isle of Man
                U.K.

Phone: +44 624 662131   (dial 011 first from North America)

The current price is 98.50  (that's UK pounds if your characters vary).

Peter

--                                            peterj at netcom.com
  FTP:   ftp.netcom.com:/pub/VE3SUN
         MagicKey Help TSR - Beam - DTMF - Ham utilities - Stereograms
  WWW:   ftp://ftp.netcom.com:/pub/VE3SUN/www/home.html
         Ham FTP sites - mailing lists - stereograms - 500+ hot URLs