3 phase power

jeh%8.1.dnet.mobitel.telia.se at radux.hk.mobitel.telia.se jeh%8.1.dnet.mobitel.telia.se at radux.hk.mobitel.telia.se
Wed Sep 14 08:26:50 EDT 1994

Hi gang

Not that it's of any greater importance I just like to
inform that the power standard to houses in Sweden is
3 phase 380 Volts ( i.e. you get 220 betwen one phase
and gnd, 380 betwen each phase ).
Now if someone of you power freeks in the US likes to
come over and run some GAS just bring your 4 by 10 and
I'll be happy to plug it in.
By the way they just upped the power limit in Sweden
now and we can run 1 KW output ( WOOOW ) on all bands
I think it was except 10 MHz.

73 and may the force of the "RF power" be with you
Jim SM2EKM          email: jeh%kiona.dnet at hk.mobitel.telia.se

>From Wirzenius Jari <HATJWI at HATMAIL.HATFI1.msgw.kone.com>  Wed Sep 14 17:49:00 1994
From: Wirzenius Jari <HATJWI at HATMAIL.HATFI1.msgw.kone.com> (Wirzenius Jari)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 09:49:00 PDT
Subject: Info on Russian Tube GU-74?

Sorry that I reply to reflector, but I don't know how to send to Daves
internet address as it is not given in normal way (normal to me).

>Can anyone help?

>Thanks,

>Dave VE2ZP/VE9CB
>Packet: VE2ZP at VA3TCP.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM
>InterNet: ve2zp at BBS.VE3JF.AMPR.ORG

I own the  big brother of the GU74 tube. It is GU84B and it delivers at
least 1500 W:ts output my tube spec and factory test paper indicates that
they have measured 1870 W out from the tube. Your tube is 600 - 700 W type,
but I can't remember the pin configuration, but we had an article in our
leagues magazine of a amp built with GU74.

 Would you like to receive a copy of the article?

 In the article there is the pin configuration and a drawing of the amp with
photos. It is written in finnish, but I think you'll understand the drawing
and you can send questions to me if you need translation. All I need is your
address, if it is not in CB.

73's Jari, OH2BVE
jari.wirzenius at hat-fi.kone.com