QSL MGR VOLUNTEER

AdamN7VEW at aol.com AdamN7VEW at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 19:29:46 EDT 1994

     If there is a DX amateur that needs a QSL manager, or any U.S. ham who
is aware of a DX station looking for a manager, please contact me:

               AdamN7VEW at aol.com

                    Thank you and 73

From: Robert A. Wilson" <n6tv at VNET.IBM.COM (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 16:41:34 PDT
Subject: NA & SS reporting question (?) de K7SS

"If I had but one asterisk for my station, ..."  :)

Why stop with an asterisk (*) for 2-radio entrants?  What about a
caret (^) for stations on a hilltop?  A dollar-sign ($) for stations
with a 40m beam?  An underscore (_) for those living in a valley?  An
equals-sign (=) for stations with power line noise?  Square brackets
( [] ) for those living on a city lot?  Curly braces ( {} ) for those
living in the country?  An exclamation point (!) for those with TVI
and angry neighbors?

There are lots of advantages and disadvantages one could report.  Why
does the two-radio advantage deserve the asterisk?  Two asterisks,
perhaps, but not one.

Seriously, I do urge the adoption of a separate low power category
complete with top ten box and certificates for the NA Sprint.  I
believe this would draw in a lot of new participants.  It would
also make more work for N6TR and K7GM, which may not be so good.
What say guys?

73,
Bob, N6TV