Two Radio Single Op

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Sat Sep 17 14:18:56 EDT 1994

Contesting is competing with technology!!! It is not simply getting on and
operating. You need to engineer your station for peak performance. Engineering
a two radio station is no trivial task. It is challenging, frustrating, but,
the rewards come in playing the contest. Using two radios at a time is simply
MORE FUN. Dave, you will like it, maybe not the first time out, but as you
get better at it, it WILL make your efforts more fun, and your score will
improve, to others dismay.

I have tried alternating CQs on two bands. My experience is that such a
technique is not the best way to play with two radios. CQing on one band, S&Ping
on another works better. In fact, S&Ping on two bands works better than CQing
on two bands.

Using two radios is no more of an advantage than a mountain top QTH, stacked
yagis, beverages, a computer, better filters, etc. It is just an advance in
technology, or a greater commitment to the sport, or working to get into
better condition to have more staying power in the 48 hour marathons, etc.
If you want to do something better, it takes effort. If you don't want to make
the effort, that is fine with me. But don't take away the benefit of the
efforts made by others.

73, Ken, AB6FO KWIDELITZ at DELPHI.COM