Phone Sprint Score - N0BSH

N0bsh at aol.com N0bsh at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 22:36:44 EDT 1994

Sept  Phone sprint

N0BSH
Wisconsin

38/16

Uhhhh... this just in...  Phone Sprint is not a low power event!

Time for a beer (and shot of Jose Cuervo!!!)

Mike  N0BSH

From: Mr. Brett Graham" <bagraham at HK.Super.NET (Mr. Brett Graham)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 1994 11:07:33 +0800
Subject: 3-phase power

Interesting to see all the discussion about 3-phase mains supply.  Here in VS6,
in rural village houses like I live in (3-floor Spanish-style villa), 3-phase
has been standard for quite a few years.  Houses 15 years or older were
originally kitted out with single phase, though many are converted as owners
rent out the other two floors to poor blokes like me.

The problem with 3-phase supply here is that the phases get split out
individually to each floor.  I came home the other night to find hardly enough
voltage to get a dim glow in a light bulb when the folks downstairs (who
weren't home at the time) had a 2.5-horse air-con going.  Very irritating when
you're hot & sweaty & don't have enough juice to pump water for a shower!

Ah, the sacrifices one makes to get out of the noise of the city & to have
near-field salt water!  Not quite like "Everyday is Field Day at AH6BK" but I
must admit that everything in the shack, including the 8xMRF458s in the final,
can run on 12 volts.  Bloody 'ell, now I've gone & told you what I'm running...
Yes, VS6BG can exceed our 26 dBW power limit, even on batteries!

73, VS6BrettGraham aka VR2BG bagraham at hk.super.net