Results-Antenna Advice Needed

Sean E. Kutzko tigger at prairienet.org
Tue Apr 4 10:39:55 EDT 1995

Hi, everybody-

I put a request out to the reflector a couple weeks ago regarding my
friend NM9H's antenna system. Thanks to WA2SRQ, KO7V, K0EJ, W2VJN,
N0DH/7, and W3ZZ for responding with good suggestions.

The overwhelming response was to stack the 20m and 40m monobanders on
the Rohn 25 (With the 40m below the 20m, due to higher maintenance
requirements), and put the Tribander and 6m long-boom on the HBX. 6m goes
below the tribander due to more wind load.

I have since spoken with NM9H and relayed this information, and he thanks
everybody for the info. He has decided to do exactly this, with a couple
of extra additions:

1: He plans on guying the HBX tower, to make sure it won't twist down
into the ground.

2: He has purchased a stronger rotor to handle the monobanders.

So, looks like I get the honors of doing some climbing this Thursday!

See ya from there for WPX CW. Thanks again for the advice.

73,

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                         Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                          DXCC:305 worked/294 cfmd

             "Kiss the hand you cannot bite." -Romanian saying