WRTC Postponed Until 1996

N3RR at aol.com N3RR at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 00:42:11 EDT 1995

                          WRTC NEWS RELEASE

                         For more     Bill Hider, N3RR
                         information  WRTC Publicity Chairman
                         call:        301-424-2707
                                      E-MAIL: n3rr at aol.com
                                      or via PVDXSN

                         NEWS -- April 7, 1995 -- 2230 EDT

(Washington, DC) - The WRTC Administration announced today that the World
Radiosport Team Championships, to be held in Washington, DC, will be postponed
 one year.

The WRTC-96 competition will be conducted within the IARU HF Radiosport
Championship Contest held the second full weekend in July, 1996.

The postponement will allow WRTC's financial sponsors a greater opportunity
to publicize their participation well in advance of the event.

Prospective competitors will also find it more convenient to make travel
arrangements for 1996.

In addition, the time frame for qualifying scores for applicants will be
expanded from five to six years, which includes results published during
1990-1995.

In order to have the most similar station sites possible, the field of
competitors has been set to thirty teams for the 1996 event.

Questions and comments may be directed to Bill Hider, N3RR at the
address/phone number above or to:

      Eric Scace, K3NA, Co-Chairman
      10701 Five Forks Road
      Frederick, MD 21702-1674