Mac Contest Software

mchale at zk3.dec.com mchale at zk3.dec.com
Mon Apr 17 16:00:51 EDT 1995

Well I must admit I'm "IBM challenged" cause I can never remember all
those ct kbd combos when I'm guest oping :)

But at home I'm quite comfortable with my mac and N0IOS' Marathon
contest pgm; Its mac interface is a breeze (yes I'm spoiled by macs,
and use pcs when I must).

I've used Marathon in most of the major contests this past winter
operating ssb, cw & rtty, and had a great time; The rig intfc and tnc
interface worked superb, esp since the new version has icom rig
support.  It also runs under system 7.5, and does just fine on my old
b&w pb170; N0IOS is responsive to requests, and while its not CT
(Marathon isnt for multi-ops and doesnt have all those lovely bells
and whistles like the needed spots and scrolling spots window), it
suited my purposes as a single op;

There are some other pgms out on the web (some are listed in
ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/hamradio/arrl/infoserver/techmisc/softmac.txt)
but I've not found any to be as complete as Marathon.

-jim/NM1W
mchale at fss2.mv.com

>Since there has been some dialog here on the reflector about Mac logging
>software, the following information is offered in the spirit of helping "IBM
>challenged" contesters:
>
>ARRL Members can request a free list of MacIntosh (ham radio related)
PS. its Macintosh

Jim McHale,NM1W                     First Strike Software Inc
    Mac/OSF/Unix consulting                603-329-7885
mchale at fss2.mv.com                  Packet: nm1w at wb1dsw.nh.usa.na