Good Callsigns *or* Creative Callsign Contest

WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com
Wed Aug 2 11:26:47 EDT 1995

From: wd5n at msg.ti.com

Subject: re: Re: Good Callsigns  *or*  Creative Callsign Contest

other folks mention calls like:

>      WAXAHACHIE NICARAGUA FOUR KNICKERBOCKER KNICKERBOCKER NICARAGUA

and:

>      "Whiskey too Gnome Pneumatic Aetna"

etc.

I think it would be fun to have a Creative Callsign Contest on the air.
No multipliers.  Object is to fool the other guy.  You'd have to use
phonetics that are actual words in the English language (apologies to
non-English speaking countries - you can arrange your own contest if
you wish  :-) .  No one would actually know their score until the log-
checkers run the submitted logs through their software.  You would get
points for every time someone busts your call.  If they get your call
right, no points.  And as long as we're being silly, I guess the whole
contest should take place between 14225 and 14235.
(I wonder if Derek already thought of this one?)

    73,  Dave   Won-Double-5-Nine    <wd5n at msg.ti.com>