KISS

WX0B at aol.com WX0B at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 18:46:30 EDT 1995

>WX0B solution to FT-1000 1000 microF capacitor discharge problem is typical
>over-kill which uses 2 diodes and another expensive 1 mF elco and DOES NOT
>help at all.  I prefer KISS approach to obvious manufacturers oversight.
>73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.

I agree, since Mario's original post didn't give full details.  The
electrolytic he talks about is 1000Mf not 1mF as he originally stated.  I
think EU use m as meaning Thousands.....not our convention of m = micro.

Also he didtn't state that the Yeasu does supply a DC bias voltage which IS
good design for using an electrolytic.   Now all they needed to do was give
it a discharge path which they didn't.   The 100 ohm resistor used to
discharg the cap which Mario suggests  is a valid apporoach.

Jay