new rigs

Srockn4sr at aol.com Srockn4sr at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 07:59:17 EDT 1995

Hi All

Reading the fine print on the description of both the new yaesu and icom
radios leads me to believe that both of these radios are using DSP techniques
in the AUDIO sections only.  Basically a timewave DSP unit added onto the
radio.  I have from a reliable source that the new Kenwood uses DSP in the IF
section.  Might be a good idea to hold off on buying that new wiz bang radio
till you see what all the mfgr's have to offer.
73 steve