Canada Winter Contest - 31 Dec 1995

ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org
Wed Dec 13 03:09:28 EST 1995

RAC CANADA WINTER CONTEST

In December each year, the Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC) sponsors the
Canada Winter Contest.  Amateurs all over the world are invited to
participate.

Contest Period: 0000 UTC to 2359 UTC 31 December 1995.

Bands and Modes: 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10 6 and 2 metres, CW and 'Phone (SSB,
FM, AM, etc.) Suggested frequencies: on CW - 25 kHz up from the band edge;
on SSB - 1850, 3775, 7075, 7225, 14175, 21250, 28500kHz.  Check for CW
activity on the half-hour.

Exchange: Stations in Canada send RS(T) and province or territory.  VE0s
and stations outside Canada send RS(T) and a serial number.

QSOs: Contacts with stations in Canada or VE0s are worth 10 points.
Contacts with stations outside Canada are worth 2 points.  Contacts with
RAC official stations are worth 20 points.  RAC official stations are:
VA2RAC, VA3RAC, VE1RAC, VE4RAC, VE5RAC, VE6RAC, VE7RAC, VE8RAC, VE9RAC,
VO1RAC, VO2RAC, VY1RAC and VY2RAC.  You may work any station once on each
of the two modes, on each of the eight contest bands.  It is prohibited to
make CW contacts in the conventional 'Phone sub-bands, 'Phone contacts in
the conventional CW sub-bands, or to make or solicit contest QSOs through
a repeater during the contest period.

Multipliers: are Canada's ten provinces and two territories, and may be
counted once on each mode on each of the eight contest bands.  The
multipliers, with their postal abbreviations and prefixes are: Nova Scotia
[NS] (VE1, CY9, CY0); Quebec [QC, QU or PQ] (VE2, VA2); Ontario [ON] (VE3,
VA3); Manitoba [MB] (VE4); Saskatchewan [SK] (VE5); Alberta [AB] (VE6);
British Columbia [BC] (VE7); Northwest Territories [NT] (VE8);
New Brunswick [NB] (VE9); Newfoundland and Labrador[NF] (VO1, VO2);
Yukon [YU or YT]; and Prince Edward Island [PE] (VY2).

Final Score: Total your QSO points from all bands, and multiply by the
total multiplier points from all bands.

Categories:
þ Single Operator All Bands;
þ Single Operator Low Power (max. 100w output);
þ Single Operator Single Band;
þ Multi-operator.
Single operators who receive assistance from a DX Spotting system or
PacketCluster network during the contest must classify themselves as
Multi-ops.  There are no single-mode categories.  Multi-opertor stations
may operate on several bands simultaneously.

Awards: Plaques will be awarded to the top scoring entrants in each category.
Thanks to the following for their sponsorship:
þ Single Operator All Bands   -    Atlantic Ham Radio
þ Single Operator Low Power - Durham Radio Sales and Service
þ Single Operator Single Band - H.C. MacFarlane Electronics
þ Multi-operator.      - Norham Radio Inc.
As well, the top-scoring foreign entrant will win the Jorge Bozzo LU8DQ
memorial plaque sponsored by Alan Goodacre VE3HX/VE2AEJ.  Certificates
will be awarded to the top-scoring entrant in each category in each
province, territory, USA call area, and DXCC country.

Results: will be published in the November issue of "The Canadian Amateur",
and will be sent to certificate winners.

Entries: Send entries to: RAC, 614 Norris Court - Unit 6, Kingston ON
K7P 2R9 CANADA by 31 January.  Entries must contain a summary sheet
showing score calculation, a dupe sheet listing calls worked on each mode
on each band, a multiplier checksheet and loghsheets.  Logs sheets must
show time, band, mode, call of station worked, exchnages sent and received
and points claimed for each QSO.  New multipliers must be clearly marked
in the log.