ADRS WPX TEST

aa9jy at comone.com aa9jy at comone.com
Mon Feb 6 20:28:15 EST 1995

Dean AA9JY

This is not my final score since a have a version on WF1B software that
needs a the new score file, just haven't done it yet.

Well this is it in a nut shell:

      420 qsos

      180 prefixes

      1100 plus points

      195,500 plus points

Had fun on this one even though I thought activity dropped off on
Saturday. Had on problem on Saturday night right before SSB sprint,
amplifer went haywire shut it down and found that it cooked my watt-
meter. Good thing I have spare.

Station setup:

      Icom 735 with timewave DSP-59
      Homebrew amp running 2 3-400z at 4000 vdc plate
      Antennas:
               Homebrew X-Beam for 40m @ 85ft
               Mosley Tribander @ 72 ft
               Sloper for 80m and 160m

Best time is hard to say when you from the black hole, maybe it was
Sunday morning at 1700z running europe for 2 hours or maybe it was
working europe at 2200z (dx said they heard me at 2100z but couldn't get
through), or maybe working 2 not 1 VE8's on 20m half hour apart.

Worked several new ones like C91A and TY1 on 15m at 1500z

Power output for contest was 1000 watts with lots to spare.

Had hardly any contacts on 80m due to wiping out the TV, XYL mad about
that, otherwise good sport. Oh well always a new problem here.

I am new at this digital contesting, but liking it very well. Need to
get into a good digital group soon to learn about all the tricks and
gagets the coastal contesters use to work those DX pileups.

Well, this summer I need to add preamps at all the antennas, and put a
monbander for 20m.

Will send in the updated score soon.

Had fun 73

Dean AA9JY