K4VX (W9WI, op)

SPECK at UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu SPECK at UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Feb 22 11:24:07 EST 1995

----- Begin message from IN%"72777.3143 at compuserve.com"  20-Feb-95

From:	IN%"72777.3143 at compuserve.com"  "Doug Smith"    20-FEB-1995 18:08
To:	IN%"SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu"
CC:
Subj:	ARRL DX score

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 19:05:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Doug Smith <72777.3143 at compuserve.com>
Subject: ARRL DX score
To: SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu

(hey Mark, can I talk you into posting this to the contest reflector?)

1995 ARRL DX Competition, CW
K4VX/0 Missouri, 20m single-band, single-op
W9WI, operator

1221 QSOs
 102 countries
Final score:  373,626

Soapbox:

1)     Don't DX stations keep dupe sheets?  I know I worked one well-known
Asian station (NOT a JA, and NOT VS6WO) *FOUR* times, he called me every
time.  I'm sure some European stations did just as badly, definitely
remember working some of them at least three times... (can I trade one of
those QSOs for one with my home call?  Still need his country from home...)

2)     How do other U.S. operators deal with W's answering your CQs?  At
times I had pileups of W's about 3-4 deep, occasionally failing to stand by
when I answered a DX station. Early on, I just worked them without logging
them, but it just seemed to encourage more W's to call. But with some W's,
even blatantly calling CQ DX didn't get rid of them. Ideas?

73 Doug W9WI/4
opr. @ K4VX, ARRL DX CW, 20m. single-band

----- End forwarded message