He sends QRP R5. Now how do you log 1/2 watt?

Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL
Fri Feb 24 14:46:01 EST 1995

The best Power Report I got over the weekend was a
dude sending R5. Hmm I sez, say that again, mahn.
He sends QRP R5. Now how do you log a 1/2 watt?
I put down 1, but really now, what is he supposed
to send when he's running flea power?

73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK		Internet:   waltk at pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM (FRC)    Packet:  K2WK at N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM
Ciao for now,              and          Don't have a cow

From: jlarson at micron.net (Jim Larson) (Jim Larson)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 95 12:55 MST
Subject: Incomplete exchanges

At 02:31 PM 2/23/95 PST, Larry Tyree wrote:
>N6TR writes:
>
>> >I don't like ENN and probably won't work people who are doing that, but
>> >NN is going too far and isn't an exchange.  If you hear this, please
>> >don't support the practice by working them.
>>

>KM9P writes:
>
>> I disagree.  The RST part of the exchange is meaningless... and this is just
>> another way to abbreviate something on CW.  How is this different from 5NN
>> TTT for 599 1000?
>>
>> If I were DX in arrl my exchange would be NNK.  That's all.
>
>Wonder what other people think.  Am I just a stick in the mud because I
>don't think we should allow NN as an RST?
>
>Tree N6TR
>tree at cmicro.com

It comes down to what is the rule.  If you need to send an exchange you
need to send the exchange.  99 (nn) is not a full exchange.  People are
just trying to bend the rules as far as they can to take any possible
advantage over their competitors.

Why don't we all try to be good fast operators and go by the rules instead
of trying to find cute little tricks that bend the rules in order to gain
an advantage.

    Jim - KK7A
Jim Larson                 internet: jlarson at micron.net
Boise, Idaho