RAC Winter Contest Results, AA6KX

zf8bs at twg.com zf8bs at twg.com
Sun Jan 1 13:51:52 EST 1995

                      RAC Canada Winter Contest -- 1994

  Call: AA6KX                Country:  U.S.A.
                             Category: Single Operator, All Band, High Power

SUMMARY:

       BAND            CW QSO's    CW MULTS       SSB QSO's   SSB MULTS
       160                10           3              12           3
        80                43           8              95          10
        40                58           8              48           7
        20                95          11             255          12
        15                13           4              51           6
        10                 0           0              35           2
     Totals:             219          34             496          40

                                           Total QSO's:   715
                                      Total QSO Points:  5096
                                            Multiplier:  x 74
                                                      -------
                                       Total Score:   377,104

Comments:  This was a fun treasure hunt most of you guys missed!  Not
only was it a great game to try to find each of the 12 provinces on each
of the 12 band/mode combinations, but there was a bonus station worth 2x
normal credit which was lying around in at least some of the provinces.
My most frequently worked stations:  VY1RAC (op VY1JA), VE5RAC, and
VE6RAC, each with 7 contacts.  Hardest to find:  anything on PEI.  The
name of this game was definitely persuading mults to change mode/band.
And it's just amazing how many people I tried this on said they had a
broken key, didn't have a keyer, or couldn't get their antenna to resonate
in "that part of the band".  Still, enough people were willing to move for
me that I think that multiplier of 74 will turn out to be a killer mult.
Now when do we get to see how the VE6RAC guys did?  They were definitely
hot!

                                          Bruce Sawyer, AA6KX