15M Antenna

RFPWR at aol.com RFPWR at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 20:07:05 EDT 1995

Hi Sam:

Is this cq-contest reflector wonderful or what? There is a lot of information
lurking out there which one would never otherwise be able to tap!!

Without putting up additional towers or extending the present ones,  the
highest I can go with my 155CA is 70', assuming I dedicate the tall tower to
20 and 40M.

So my options are limited to a range of 50 to 70'.  I haven't decided for
sure, but will probably opt to put the 155CA at 70', stacked above a 205CA.

On my 100' tower, I will probably go with a stack of 205CA's at 100 and 50',
with the bottom fixed on EU. At 110' on that tower will go a 40-2CD, and will
probably put the other fixed on EU at 60' (phased).  At 115' or so I might
put the 105CA.

On the tower vacated by moving the 155CA and 105CA, I think I will put the
TH7 up by itself at 60'. It is about 150' away from the other towers.

I toyed with the idea of taking down the 4el 20M quad because of the
difficulty in keeping it up on the Gulf Coast. But it looks so good up in the
air that I will probably also make it 4 elements on 15 and 5 on 10, and leave
it up as long as it survives.

The above plan was developed after considering all the input provided by so
many knowledgeable people on the reflector. It might not make the biggest
CONTEST
station around, but should provide all the fun I can handle.

73 and cul

Chas N8RR