Last Call CQ Trophies...

K8DO at aol.com K8DO at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 12:56:08 EDT 1995

I'm on for Zone 4....

contact me here     k8do at aol.com

or

Dennis O'Connor DO
po box 439
Hemlock, Mi  48626
(517) 642-8310

>From w6go at netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)  Thu Jul 13 17:56:37 1995
From: w6go at netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO) (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 09:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RS-232 extenders

  For those who are looking for an inexpensive way to link computers over
a distance too great for RS-232, I suggest you contact R.E. Smith, 4311
Tylersville Road, Hamilton, OH 45011.  513 874-4796.

  I am using two of his RSCOM units here in the W6GO PacketCluster node.
The 9600 bps link TNC is in another building here, and I have a multi-pair
telephone cable between the buildings which carries telephone lines,
rotator controls and the like.  The link has been running flawlessly at
19200 bps over the telephone cable for over a year.  His specs indicate
that these units will run RS-485 between them at distances of 4000 feet.

  The RSCOM units are $49 each.  He also sells the modular cables and
plugs to go between the RSCOMs and the computers.  He has several other
alternatives, including an RS-422 converter at $29 each and opto-isolated
automatic baud rate units for much more.

  I have found Ron to be very accessable and helpful.  If you contact
him, be sure to tell him Jay O'Brien sent you (I'm not his agent, I just
want him to know I'm happy enough with his equipment to recommend it to
others).

  73, Jay
      w6go at netcom.com