WP3/WX9E in WPX CW

WX9E at aol.com WX9E at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 16:42:31 EDT 1995

Sorry for the delay folks, I got back late Sunday night and needed a couple
days to recover.

WP3/WX9E   M/S (field day style)
Ops N0BSH, NP4Z and WX9E

Bottom line is something like:
             2125  x  652  for  something close to 4.5m

Antennas were a 3 el 15m fixed on EU at 20ft (bottom of a 100ft roof mounted
tower), A3 with an armstromg rotor on a push-up mast at 15ft, 40m sloper and
an 80m half sloper.  All near the top of a 2500' mountain.  Rigs were an
OmniVI (great radio, awesome receiver!!!!)  and a 440, Clipperton L amp.
  The wire antennas were put up the previous weekend, and the yagis were put
up a few hours before the contest.  Not too many things went wrong.  Had some
RF getting into the computer, and the breaker blew a few times, but
everything ran smoothly for the most part.

The first night on 40m was AWESOME,  about 650 Qs with incredibly loud JAs.
  Then the bottom sorta fell out.  Conditions down south were quite odd.
 Felipe said he has never seen anything like it before.   Condx seemed to get
better the farther north you went.  We were listening to several stateside
guys run people we couldn't hear.  15 and 20 had it's moments, but for the
most part was disappointing.    You know condx are strange when a Caribbean
M/S gets beat by some stateside single-ops, and VP5BB who was SOLP!  My hats
off to all of them!

Thanks to Felipe for the hospitality!

73,

Paul   WX9E

PS   KP3/AA3BG was a different operation, do not send cards for that call to
me.   Only NP3/N0BSH and WP3/WX9E.