KN6OX FD - SV

EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM
Thu Jun 29 17:32:48 EDT 1995

Lessons learned at site north-east of Sacramento in 108 deg heat.

        Ambitious antenna plans need ambitious people (in quantity)
        You can't raise more than 30' of Rohn tower by hand
        Never, ever run CT 7 on one machine and CT 8 on another
        (I will be paying for that one for a long time)

Aside from that, great fun at Steve's KN6OX property.  Too bad the River
was not closer to the radio site.  Had some new blood on SSB, had old
blood (mostly mine) on CW.

Brought my new Springer Spaniel, Ollie, with me.  He loves to sit on
footswitches.

Worked AA5BT the night before when we got the one element up out of our
planned four element 40 m wire beam.. Stayed at 1 el too.

204 BA at 30' was fun!!!!

Couldn't hit the RS 10-11 thing.  could hear 'em.

Notables worked:N2IC, W6QHS (trey), AA6KX, W2GD (Al, W2RQ), K7QQ, KR0Y

I have all day tomorrow to figure out how many sections we worked.

CU in SprINT

Eric, NV6O

                    ARRL FIELD DAY       1995

      Call: KN6OX                    Section:Sacramento Valley
      Low Power 150W                 Category: 2A

      BAND   CW QSO  CW QSO PTS   SSB QSO  SSB QSO PTS

       80      117     234           179     179
       40       73     146           268     268
       20      105     210           105     105
       15        0       0            51      51
      NOV        0       0             0       0
      SAT        0       0             0       0
      PKT        1       2             0       0

               296     592            603    603

               899 Total QSO  > 1195 qso pts

                 (1195 QSO PTS) X 2 POWER MULTIPLIER +400 BONUS

                 *****************************
                 ****                     ****
                 ****    2790 total       ****
                 ****                     ****
                 *****************************

     BONUS POINTS CLAIMED:
                                EMERGENCY POWER 200
                            MESSAGE ORIGINATION 100
                                   PACKET BONUS 100
                                               -----
                                TOTAL BONUS     400

Operator List:NV6O, KJ6TC, N6UXB, KN6OX, KN6UV,WB6IOK, KF6A, AA6WJ, KO6OU
              KE6LOE, WG6H

Equipment Description: IC 765,TS940AT, TS 711, 204BA, VEE'S, TA33
                       MK XII MOSQUITOS

Club Affiliation: CONSUMNES RIVER SHORT TOWER CLUB