N5RZ CW SS

K5GA at aol.com K5GA at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 18:56:44 EST 1995

Hello all,

First off, congrats to Tree for winning from my old operating position. It
was
a great weekend conditions-wise for Louisiana. W5WMU is truly an awesome
station irregardless of the AMPS. Very high-powered antennas. Somehow,
I will find a way to overcome it before I retire from this rat-race.

My totals are.......1500 Qs   77 Mults

My first three hours were......113   20M
                                          121   20M
                                          113   20M
Some tremendous rates huh? That 121 is awesome if I may say so. I am
wondering if it has ever been beaten??

My next three hours were ...........86   40M
                                                 77   40M
                                                 75   40M
Second radio Qs.....................132   This obviously needs some improving

As can be seen, when I hit 40 M it was all over for me. N5RZ was loud enough
to be heard, but the sigs of stations calling were weak. According to Ralph,
there was some line noise also which hurt. I had to ask for repeats over and
over. My ears are not as good as they used to be I guess.

By 0900Z I was about 120 behind Tree. Everytime I heard him, he was another
10-15 ahead of me. However, during Sunday, I made up 60 Qs. Unfortunately
for me, making up 120 Qs is a tall order. The conditions seemed to be there
to catch up, but there was a lack of stations to work. Maybe it is me, but it
seemed to be less stations on Sunday giving out low low numbers to
us.!!!$$##%%

Many thanks to Ralph and Sue for graciously opening their home to me. They
both were very helpful, friendly, and they made my short stay quite
comfortable.
I will not get into the SKUNK ordeal or the TRANSMISSION ordeal however.
Those subjects need to be forgotten!!! It was hard for Ralph to let me use
his
station. When he saw those first 3 hours, I could telll he wanted to be in
there!!!

I do not know where I will be for next year. I will end up somewhere as the
dreaded GUEST OP (which seems to be a nasty subject lately). I will be
checked out using TR program however, and hopefully able to attempt a
win. I only want to win one more time. Then I promise to quit.

73,

Mr. Bill   K5GA   VP2MGA

ps...Hope to see all from VP2MDE in CQ WW CW