AMARILLO, TX. WHAT SECTION

at ibm.net at ibm.net
Wed Nov 29 01:23:23 EST 1995

Quick question.  What section is Amarillo, TX in, West or North
Texas.

Direct replies please.

73,

Rich Thorne - WB5M
rthorne at ibm.com

From: George Cook <george at epix.net> (George Cook)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:27:54 -0500 (EST)
Subject: A funny story (My CQWW/CW score)

                   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST  1995

      Call: AA3JU                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

      160        4        6     1.50      2       3
       80       24       61     2.54      9      23
       40       43      109     2.53     14      36
       20       78      206     2.64     25      66
       15       75      193     2.57     20      58
       10        8       19     2.38      5       7

     Totals    232      594     2.56     75     193  =>  159,192

Equipment Description:
Kenwood TS 930S, Henry 2K Classic-X (The Howitzer), MFJ-492, Bencher
Paddle,
Homebrew P53/75mhz

Antennas
160 Folded Dipole
80 Twin Yaggis (Thunder in the sky)
40 Delta Loop Open feed (the tvi maker)
20 5 el wire yaggi 5 deg
20, 15, 10 Gem Quad at 50 ft

Who am I kidding I am NO CW contester.  Heck even N3ADL beat me!  And that's
sad.  I am posting this so that everyone can have someone that they are
better
than.  Had lots of fun though and added greatly to my band/countrys and
my DXCC/CW total.  How you guys can hear calls in a pile up just astound me.
But at least the speed is getting up past that 30 wpm barrier.

N3SWA decided that Friday would be a good day to quit smoking.  Also had my
7 year old who is hyper active for the holiday weekend.  So between hiding
from her and chasing after Billy (man he is FAST), and contesting and also
trying a new dish from Mr. Kim made from noodles and Kim Chee that went
sort of
bad (don't ask me how you can tell if Kim Chee is bad or not) I am feeling
a little rung out right now.

See you SKN and CRX

Club Affiliation: FRC

* George Cook   AA3JU  Bangor, PA  FN21         *
* george at peach.epix.net  AA3JU at N3IQD.EPA.USA.NA *
* If you're not FRC remember:...............    *
* .......There's no shame in being 2nd best!    *