WA0QOA CQWW CW SO/AB/LP

CWMAN1 at aol.com CWMAN1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 15:09:38 EST 1995

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1995

      Call: WA0QOA                   Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator/Low Power

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS    PTS/QSO   ZONES    COUNTRIES

      160         10         18               1.80              4
             5
       80          41       106               2.59              8
           25
       40        225       634               2.82            24            78
       20        291       827               2.84            24            79
       15        195       541               2.77            21            66
       10         10         20               2.00              6

--------------

     Totals    772     2146              2.78             87          260  =>
 744,662

All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:   IC-765 (100 WATTS), TA-33 AT 51', Force 12 2-el.
                         40m yagi at 60', 160/80m Inv-V apex at 47'.

                        ************************************
Club Affiliation:  * FRANKFORD RADIO CLUB *
                        ************************************

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               FRED W. HOFFERT, III  WA0QOA
               64 STILES AVENUE
               MORRIS PLAINS, NJ 07950

This year's score much improved over last years 488k.  New 40m yagi worked
very well.  Missed run on 15m Sunday morning 'cause I went to 15m a little
too late.  All hardware worked fine.  One minor problem with CT9.27.  Every
once in a while I would lose the bandmap.  The new calls would go to the map
but it stopped responding to the radio and then changing bands on the radio
wouldn't change either the bandmap or the summary window.  Puzzlement!

BTW...Many comments on the quiet condx on  80m.  In our local area noise
hasn't been worse in quite some time.  Could only copy the strongest signals
on 80m (read, under quiet condx I would have made more Qs there).

Hope to improve more next time out.  73.........Fred/WA0QOA

                                                                  CWMAN...I'D
RATHER WORK CW!!!

P.S. Mni tnx to all of those lending moral support before, during and after
the contest as well as all who helped with the much needed antenna work
before the contest.