Fwd: Undeliverable Mail

PaulKB8N at aol.com PaulKB8N at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 08:09:30 EDT 1995

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	Mailer at TGV.COM
To:	PaulKB8N at aol.com
Date: 95-09-06 23:03:31 EDT

Start of returned message

  Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 19:39:45 -0400
  From: PaulKB8N at aol.com
  To: cq.a-contest at tgv.com
  Subject: RF Analyst

  I just received the Autek RF Analyst and have found it to be an
  extraordinarily useful and flexible instrument.  I use all wire antennas
with
  tuned feeders and could never fully understand why two identical
  perpendicular dipoles seemed to be so different in performance.  The
Analyst
  indicated that the better of the two had a termination impedance of
  approximately 200 ohms, while the worse of the two had an impedance of
  approximately 900 ohms.  Obviously, my 4:1 balun liked the 200 ohm
impedance
  more, and it was clearly reflected in signal reports.  The addition of 12
  feet of feedline to the second antenna brought the impedance down to a
  manageable and efficient 200 ohms.

  I have used the instrument for tuning my antennas before applying power
from
  the transceiver.  In every case, the SWR measurement was "dead on".  I
  eventually plan to remote my antenna tuners into a weather-proof box in the
  yard and the Analyst will be invaluable in getting my antennas tuned
without
  having to run back and forth to the shack.

  Complaints?  I wish the software set would "memorize" the last frequency
used
  so you could easily flip back and forth between bands.  Better yet, five or
  six discrete memories would be just great for tuning multiband antennas.
 The
  small frequency controls are pretty hard to tune.

  I am in no way associated with Autek, just an "antenna nut" who has found a
  product that helps me self-actualize.

  73, Paul KB8N

End of returned message