All these new club calls...

WR3O at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us WR3O at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us
Mon Sep 11 12:15:59 EDT 1995

In the Sprint rumored scores (and other recently published
scores), I have noticed quite a few new club calls.  Some of
the club calls appear to belong to individuals who are well
known in contest circles.  Here are a couple of examples:

KC5NWX      STEINMAN AMATEUR RADIO CLUB              LIC ISU 11-APR-1995
CLUB        6719 SHELL FLOWER LN                     LIC EXP 11-APR-2005
            DALLAS               TX  75252           LST UPD 11-APR-1995
KR0Y        STEINMAN, JEFFREY S                      IS RESPONSIBLE

KC5OYM      ALLIGATOR AMATEUR RADIO CLUB             LIC ISU 31-MAY-1995
CLUB        P. O. BOX 10465                          LIC EXP 31-MAY-2005
            MIDLAND              TX  79702           LST UPD 31-MAY-1995
N5RZ         BOWEN, RALPH E                          IS RESPONSIBLE

What is the deal with these new calls?  Have you guys set up clubs
in your homes, or is this part of the process required to get a
desired vanity call?  I am definately NOT looking to start any flames
here, please.  I am just trying to understand why several top notch
contesters have applied for club call signs. (And of course,
wondering if I need to do the same to get the call I'm after!)
Thanks for any enlightenment.

73, Kirk  WR3O