CAC, re ARRL-DX

aa2du at netcom.com aa2du at netcom.com
Tue Sep 12 11:35:05 EDT 1995

Randy:

Point well taken.  It has always been my understanding that local CAC reps
are responsible for the dissemination of information at the Division
level.  Although they probably do a good job of keeping their close
friends informed, there seems to be a lack of widespread knowledge
about what we're up to.  That may lead to the (mistaken) impression
that the CAC is dormant.

The fact that we have limited outlets for distribution may contribute
heavily to that perception.  There really are no weekly or even monthly
newsletters devoted to contesting.  There's the Internet and the NCJ.
The NCJ is published every two months, and the publication deadline
is two months before it comes out. that is hardly suitable for the timely
delivery of news.  It would seem that the Internet (and maybe packet?)
is the most suitable medium available at the present time.  If you,
and others, feel the need for more knowledge about CAC actions, I
should be able to accomodate you by posting a monthly summary
of activity, provided there is something new to report.

Comments welcome...

73, J.P. AA2DU
Chairman, ARRL CAC

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU  ARRL CAC hudson Div. Rep.
E-mail:              aa2du at netcom.com
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

It's not a bug...It's a feature!