AB6FO Sprint & More Force 12 20 Mtr Ant

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Mon Sep 18 21:34:08 EDT 1995

Only had 90 minutes before a dinner engagement.

98 QSOs x 39 Mults for 3,822

For many QSOs, the Force 12 EF-420 was the difference between hearing a
station and not being able to copy intelligibly on the PRO-96. I experienced
a 2 S unit improvement on receive on virtually every station I A/B'd the two
antennas. The SWR is virtually 1:1 ACROSS the ENTIRE BAND!

I had another 4 S unit improvement report on my transmitted signal, although
some of that was due to the fact that the PRO-96 has high SWR in the phone
band and I had to back off on power so as not to trip the amp. Running a
very few tests before the sprint with low power using the internal tuner on
my transceiver, I averaged reports of a 2 S unit improvement with the EF-420.
This has me re-thinking my antenna situation in its entirety.

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ at DELPHI.COM