K1IU CQWW RTTY SCORE

Jeff Bouvier k1iu at ids.net
Thu Sep 28 10:32:23 EDT 1995

CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: K1IU
Location:  RI

Entry Class: Single Op, Single Band 40M

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80         0     0     0     0     0
40       674  1227    54    71    26
20         0     0     0     0     0
15         0     0     0     0     0
10         0     0     0     0     0
--------------------------------------
Total    674  1227    54    71    26

Score: 185277
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 185277

Rig: TS-940S, Alpha 87A
Power Output: 1400

Antenna: 2 ele. beam (100')

Club Participation: YANKEE CLIPPER CONTEST CLUB

HIGHLIGHTS:
           WHEN I SURPASSED THE WORLD RECORD.
           BEING CALLED BY MOST OF THE DX-PEDITIONS THAT WERE ACTIVE
DURING THE
TIME OF THE CONTEST (AND A FEW OTHERS): 9X/ON4WW, A71CW, R1MVI, TY8G,
VP8CKN.

LOWLIGHTS:
          NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK RA0FU FOR A NEW ZONE. SLEEPING THRU
THE
SECOND MORNING SUNRISE (WONDER WHAT I MISSED ?) ! WORKING ONLY 1 JA
(JR5JAQ).
MISSING 2 STATES (MS, WY).

          I did sneak down to 80M to see if my low band alert was
accurate.
The big gun Europeans were 20/s9 and others were s9 on the meter.
Didn't
listen long enough to see if the mid-west was working EU but I suspect
they
enjoyed good condtions to EU.
          Thanks to all for your qso's to help me achieve my goal.

                73, Jeff Bouvier    k1iu at ids.net