BAH-HUMBUG (CFZ)!

kw4t at erols.com kw4t at erols.com
Sat Dec 7 10:01:45 EST 1996

Greetings Y'All,

Now that the LU's have novice priveledges in the lower part of 10 meters
it's time to unveil a little known secret of 10 meter operation,
especially during low sunspot activity.

The LU Novice band is a hopping spot!

Since I discovered it I have found it to be productive for QSO's but
there is one small drawback....

You need to speak "Contest" Spanish fluently enough to let the Novice
know that you are looking for them.   They catch on incredibly fast to
the exchange and provide a number of valid qso's.

Even when the band seemed dead I would run the beam (When I had a beam
<grin>) down south, spin the VFO up to around 28950, and using my Gringo
spanish with german accent (That's what they told me it sounds like),
work any and all I could find.

I would encourage our friends in LU to get the word out to their Novice
operators to call CQ Contest, practice their English, and let's fill this
Contest Free Zone with stations all over the place calling these LU's.

73 from Lake Moneysgone, Dan - KW4T
	<Free Fredonia>