ts-870 interesting failure

na2n at ifam.com na2n at ifam.com
Thu Feb 8 08:12:23 EST 1996

>I think it is interesting that they now build in protection like that, I
>just wish the bulb was in a socket, or at least easier to get to.

I'd replace both bulbs with Radio Shack .063amp fast-acting fuses (270-1044) in
5x20 mm fuse holders on the back panel. This has saved the sub-band RX in my
FT-1000D and the front end of an IC-725 I had. Cheap, easy to do and easy to
replace in a contest.

73,

Greg Becker NA2N
na2n at ifam.com
Ideas For American Manufacturers
"Technology Conceptualization and Market Development"