Your station setup

py2ny at SP-gw.ampr.org py2ny at SP-gw.ampr.org
Mon Feb 19 21:13:15 EST 1996

PY2NY - PW2N in contests:
TS 140 S - no amplifier - 100 watts.
Two elements Quad 10-15-20 meters - inverted Vee 40-80
K1EA Software

73 - PY2NY - Vitor

>From n2ic at drmail.dr.att.com (LondonSM)  Mon Feb 19 16:46:34 1996
From: n2ic at drmail.dr.att.com (LondonSM) (LondonSM)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 09:46:34 -0700
Subject: LZ0A QTH?

On Feb 19, 10:58am, Assarabowski, Richard wrote:

> Whoever he was he called us both mornings on 40m, way past the European
> opening and was very, very weak, peaking to the SW (like everything was).
>  Would be nice to know if that's another multiplier!
>                               -- Rich K1CC
>                                   @K1KI M/M
>
> >LZ0A was active in ARRL contest... what is the QTH ?... appears to be in
> >antarctic somewhere
>  >                Dave
>-- End of excerpt from Assarabowski, Richard

I heard him give his grid square (or IOTA number ?) to someone.  He said AN??
(I can't remember the number).  Is that Antarctica ?

73,
Steve, N2IC/0
n2ic at dr.att.com

From: Bill Fisher, KM9P" <km9p at akorn.net (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 20:37:43 -0500 (EST)
Subject: 204BA & 40M problem - Want Flyback Xfrmer please!

I posted a message on CQ-Contest a few weeks ago about the effects of my
204BA on my 402CD.  Esspecially pronouned when the booms were not parallel
with each other.  W6QHS (Who's opinion I value highly) suggested that I get
some old TV flyback transformer cores and tape them to the boom of the 204BA
as far from center as possible.  ((This option is preferred over buying 2
new antennas of the Cushcraft variety.))  Dave said he wasn't sure if it
would work, but thought it might be worth trying.

Now... I've asked the 2 local TV repair guys that I know in town and neither
had any of these cores available for my scrounging.  Does anyone on this
system have such cores that they would like to sell or give me for this
experiment?  I would gladly give you credit in the writeup that I do after
the tests.

On this same subject... I decided to model the two antennas.  The following
results are from AO with 10 foot spacing between the antennas (The 402CD on
top).

  402CD Alone - Frequency = 7.1Mhz - Free Space

  Impedance           47.3 + j 7.0 _
  SWR                 1.17
  Forward Gain        3.66 dBi
  F/B                 7.33 dB

 402CD & 204BA with 10' seperation.  Frequency = 7.1Mhz - Free Space

 Impedance          49.4 + j 30.7 _
 SWR                 1.84
 Forward Gain        2.75 dBi
 F/B                 3.90 dB

This is fairly close to what I am seeing in real life BTW.

If someone who is good with AO could take my file and rotate the 204 or 402
90 degrees in the model I would appreciate it.  I would like to see the
effects with them this way too.

If I don't get the 204BA's detuned for 40M, I'm taking them down and selling
them.  I didn't go to all of this work to have my 20M antennas detune my 40M
antennas.

Thanks for your help in advance.