It CAN be done..CQ 160 Fone QRP with handicap :)

N3ADL at aol.com N3ADL at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 19:08:20 EST 1996

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.13091.emout09.mail.aol.com.825293298

Had to get the ears ready for ARRL....still haven't passed the stone :(

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.13091.emout09.mail.aol.com.825293298

                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1996
=0D

      Call: N3ADL                    Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator QRP
=0D
               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES
=0D

     Totals    320     707      40       4    =3D   31,108
=0D
                                   11 hours OP time
=0D
=0D
Equipment Description: IC-761 and Mosley PRO 67B at 60'
                       on a 55' motorized crankup tower
=0D
            Club Affiliation: FRANKFORD
=0D
Notes: I was supposed to guest OP at WT3Q again this year but a =

kidney stone changed my plans. I had posted a note earlier in =

the day on the Frankford Radio Club packetcluster network =

urging folks to get on with anything they could load up and =

work the masses and I was forced to do the same. The only =

antenna that the ICOM would load on 160 with the internal tuner
was the Mosley PRO 67 yagi. The SWR was so high that low power =

was out of the question so I turned the rig down to 5 watts =

output and prayed I could hear SOMETHING. THANK GOD for =

Timewave DSP-59+! Fiddle'n with the knobs produced a nice =

tight response and surprisingly I could hear quite well. I =

worked 4 DX as you can see and I sat for L O N G periods of =

time in pileups but the run freq produced 2 mults and lotsa =

nice stateside Q's. Worked ON4UN,VP5/,P4, and XE on my 7 el 160 =

yagi :) HI! I hope I urged some folks to get on that would =

normally not participate in this great contest. See you from =

the KY3N Superstation for ARRL phone. 73 de Doug//N3ADL
=0D