State Department and 2m-440 issue

k4sb at avana.net k4sb at avana.net
Sun Jun 2 00:55:46 EDT 1996

PLEASE,PLEASE, put his email address on the reflector. "He ain't seen nothing yet!"

73, Ed
-------------------------------------
Name: ed sleight
E-mail: k4sb at avana.net
Date: 06/01/96
Time: 23:55:46

This message was sent by Chameleon
-------------------------------------

From: dsarkozi at infocom.net (David Sarkozi) (David Sarkozi)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 18:25:46 -0500
Subject: State Department and 2m-440 issue

>I talked to Mr Warren Richards today of the State Dept's IWG-2a. I was
>very polite, explaining that we hams were concerned about the loss of
>our freqs. Mr Richards was very hostile and abusive, accusing hams of
>attempting to intimidate him, and saying "you know how many GODDAMN
>emails I have from you people?"

This reminds me of a lesson I learned a long time ago. When you complain to
someone about what they are doing (or not doing) always send a copy of your
complaint to someone else who might care and ask questions. In the case your
congressman, senator, state emergemcy coordinator. Pick someone that they
don't want negative attention from.

David Sarkozi, WB5N
Houston, TX
dsarkozi at infocom.net
see my Web Page "Birds of the Upper Texas Coast"
http://www.infocom.net/~dsarkozi/
(713) 520-5906