CW Issue/new rig sales

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 13:45:02 EDT 1996

>Sometime back there was a discussion on rebuilding rotors.  I may need that
>service.  After 27 faithful years, I retired my 1963 Ham-M in favor of a new
>Ham 4.  5 years later, under the massive load presented by a TA-33, the
>antenna is happily spinning in the breeze.  Hopefully the wx gods will smile
>on Milwaukee for at least a short period this weekend so I can get up there
>and pull the thing out.
>I know of CATS, and I believe there was another person recommended here.  I
>also remember you mentioning a rebuilding service offered by Hy-Gain.  Can
>you refresh my memory?  What's the best way to go?

Bruce --

     Thanks for rattling my cage.  You'd think I was as busy as you are - hi!

     Craig at CATS does great work.  He's at 419-352-4465.  $50 for
refurbishing labor.

     Norm at Norm's Rotor Service (301-874-5885) is also highly recommended.
Norm has a home page http://www.affcom.com/rotors/.   Both guys offer rebuilt
rotators, accessories and other related products.  Check them out.

     The best kept secret, though, is Hy-Gain factory service.  For a flat
fee ($75 for Ham IV rotator only), they'll fix ANYTHING that's wrong with it.
 They just fixed a really busted Ham IV for me and put in $215 worth of parts
-- all for the flat fee.  And that doesn't include labor.

       BTW, I'll be writing a 3-part series on rotators that will be in my
"Up The Tower" column in CQ Contest magazine that will have lots of nifty
info.  Suggest you pick up a copy.

73,  Steve   K7LXC