Physician's Certifications and VE Instru

k4sb at avana.net k4sb at avana.net
Fri Jun 7 21:37:22 EDT 1996

Bart, if it ever comes to my signing an application which is plainly fradulent, I
will refuse, and will resign as a VE, and take my chances. I seriously doubt either
either the Doctor who signed the waiver, or the applicant in such a case would take
a chance in filing legal action. That would leave both of them open to some pretty
intense cross examination. I have seen just too much plain cheating ranging from
hidden tape recorders ( if you take the CW enough times, you'll have all the copy )
to individuals with programmable calculators in which they have actually programmed
the answers in a simple code ( ie) 1=A, 2=B, ect. Not to mention too much time
staring at a friend who came along sitting there giving hand signals with their
fingers.

It is also interesting to note, although I'm not sure it's germane to this
subject, that while downloading the FCC database in my business, there are an
extraordinary number of sessions which are completely invalidated by W5YI. Not just
a single individual, but the entire session.

In contrast, I once had the pleasure of hand administering an Extra class exam to
an individual who was both blind and deaf. He absolutely refused to claim an
exemption. ( he brought a 200 watt amp, and almost had to turn it to full power
before he began feeling the vibrations...but he did, and he turned in almost
perfect copy.)

Thanks for the info on individual behavior by the VEs.

73, Ed
Name: ed sleight
E-mail: k4sb at avana.net
Date: 06/07/96