Callsigns, gate 1

Douglas L. Klein WD8AUB at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Jun 14 21:33:20 EDT 1996

Kris Mraz AA5UO wrote:

> W6GO said:
>
> > Can someone point me to the gate 1 rule which allowed the FCC to
> > issue the K7ZZ callsign?  I am trustee for a club callsign issued in
> > 1995 for which I want to obtain my Mother's old callsign, W6HTS.  As
> > the club didn't hold a callsign before 3/24/95, it was my
> > understanding that I would have to wait for gate 2.  It appears that
> > I was wrong.
>
> I interpret the rules the same as you, Jay. The FCC has made a hugh mistake
> on this one based on the evidence you've presented.
>
> --
>
> 73
> Kris AA5UO
> mraz at aud.alcatel.com
Yep.  Sure sounds like a snafu to me.  My understanding was that you
COULD get a club Vanity call under Gate 1 if you PREVIOUSLY held that
call.  No?

Why would one person be the trustee for more than one club in the first
place?  S H O W me the list of members and the minutes from the last
meeting.

Were gonna see all the good calls get snagged by people who take
advantage of the system.  Or look for all of the loopholes and STRETCH
the rules.

I should know, I see the another Government system used in this manner
everyday.  I work for the IRS.

73 Doug

From: hwardsil at wolfenet.com (Ward Silver) (Ward Silver)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: ...level playing field

> On a more serious note, S = pi[D^4-d^4]/32D = pi D^2t/8 for small t.
>
> 73 de Dave, W6QHS

But this violates Grabel's Law:

2 is not equal to 3, even for very large values of 2.

73, Ward N0AX