Good Callsigns

JKAHRS at delphi.com JKAHRS at delphi.com
Fri Jun 14 23:08:25 EDT 1996

On 13-JUN-1996 22:24:51.1 larrym said to JKAHRS
   > Hi Tree, liked your comments on the good vs poor 1X2's Hi HI.
   > Guess all calls are good because thier personal though, don't
   > know.  This will make the 4'th time I could have changed my
   > call. But if someone held a gun to my head and said " change
   > to a 1X2 "  I would say pull the trigger!!
   > 73, lARRY  K6AAW

How about K6AAJ...ditdah..ditdah...ditdahdahdah... any drummers out there?

73, Hank/K2UVG...always
jkahrs at delphi

From: trogo at primenet.com (Tony Rogozinski) (Tony Rogozinski)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 19:43:20 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Antenna Information comment

That's interesting and good info!  We are using some Force 12 antennas
for our contest expeditions to Africa and I've been wondering how well
those rivets would stand up to stress.  Thanks for your comments.

Tony

At 08:59 PM 6/14/96 -0400, JimP911 at aol.com wrote:
>//Second: Don't rivets loosen up over time and vibration?//
>

>I can't speak for Force 12 antennas since I do not own any, however properly
>installed rivets should remain secure for many years.
>
>Rivets have been used in aircraft for a long time and I can vouch for their
>integrity, having used them for years in my race car.
>
>Even hardware store variety solid core aluminum "Pop" rivets have a shear
>strength of 650 lbs!  The thinwall element tubing will fail long before the
>rivets.
>
>73 -- Jim KC1SJ

                                Tony Rogozinski N7BG
                               One of the "Voo-Dudes"
                                VooDoo Contest Group
                         ("VooDoo" = white magic from Africa)
                      I Collect TELEGRAPH KEYS - Especially "Bugs"
               Call Me At 1-800-966-6264 If You Have Any To Sell Or Trade