Improvements

foggie foggie at dtx.net
Tue Jun 25 03:18:39 EDT 1996

I am looking at upgrading the contest station some more before the fall season,
and am looking for some opinions of the seasoned veterans out there.

1) I have never run an amp, but I figure to really compete ya gotta have one.
I have several options. I am looking at the 600-800 watt class. I have a line
on an Ameritron 811 (600 watts) and a Yaesu FL-2100 (also 600) they are both
exactly the same price ($400). Just wondering which is really the better buy.

2) The radio. I have looked at the big three here. Yaesu FT-990, Kenwood 850,
And the Icom 736. I really cannot afford to go to the top of the line rigs,
but these are possibilities within the budget. Any preferences out there?
(I sure would like that FT-1000MP, but... :) )

3) which tribander between the A3S and the TH3MK4? I'm on limited space here,
and thats abot as big as I dare go. Otherwise the military might scream and
kick me out of this wonderful dwelling. :)

73
Al - kk5zx
E-Mail: foggie at dtx.net            | Snail-Mail: Allen Fogleson
Date: 06/25/96                    |             6121-A Nowak Court