wrtc-top contesters etc.

RFPWR at aol.com RFPWR at aol.com
Sat Mar 16 08:57:22 EST 1996

Hello again:

Just so that there is no misunderstanding about my recent post listing
individuals I would bet on as top operators:

1. My list is certainly incomplete. I agree with Dale, K5MM's comments about
other individuals and also with his statements generally.

2. To S56A, my list contained only stateside operators because the WRTC
naysayers, as I recall, were stateside posters. I did not mean to imply that
the best operators in the world  are from the USA. If one attempted to name
the top operators in the world today, the list would certainly contain many
non-USA people. Come to think of it, I think this is what the WRTC
competition is about.

Having spent 3 years in DL, with a job that involved receiving CW 8 hours per
day, I know from first hand experience that there are many Eu operators who
are VERY good.

3. My specific list was made to illustrate a point: these operators are
extremely skilled. Could those complaining about the selection process for
WRTC even begin to log for those on my list? Or for the other really top
operators worldwide which I didn't name?

Having exhausted my repertoire on this subject, I will now retire to my
antenna field where some work (fun) awaits. This year, I am tempting fate by
doing antenna work in the spring, rather than the fall. It is too hot in
Louisiana to do antenna work in the fall. Now I will have all summer to worry
about hurricanes, tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms. If the antennas
survive, CU in the fall contests.

73, Chas N8RR
ex DL4CM WA8FCM