ARRL Club competition/DXpedition

N0bsh at aol.com N0bsh at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 15:50:35 EST 1996

Pardon me if I've missed other messages as my internet provider
seems to be having some difficulties that are not allowing for
timely receipt of messages.

>From what I have seen, though, it appears the concern is how this
affects the "LOCAL" club category.  It probably won't have a
drastic effect on the Unlimited and Medium categories but it can
have a very dramatic effect in the Local category.

CQ WW doesn't have this problem because club competition is club
competition--no classes.

I, for one, would love to see mult totals in ARRL DX approach what
is possible in CQ WW.  This is a very positve step in that regard.
But the "Local club" issue must be addressed.

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh at aol.com

From: Wes Attaway <wes at prysm.net> (Wes Attaway)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 14:37:22 -0600
Subject: W5MUG and WN5YTR murder update

A number of people on the DX and Contest reflectors have asked me to =
keep them up to date on developments in the murders of Floyd and Winnie =
Teetson, W5MUG and WN5YTR.  Here is the latest.

I quote from a front page story in today's issue of The (Shreveport) =
Times:

A man who once did yardwork for an elderly retired couple has been =
charged with killing them at their Heflin area home.  Kevin Coleman, 18, =
of Heflin was arrested about noon Monday in connection with the slayings =
of Floyd Carl Teetson, 74, and his 69-year-old wife, Winfred.  Coleman =
already was in the Webster Jail in Minden when seriff's deputies =
arrested him.  He's spent the past few days serving time on an unrelated =
traffic charge, said Chief Deputy Tommy Kemp of the Webster seriff's =
office.  Coleman has been charged with two counts of homicide.  A grand =
jury will determine the degree of the charges.  The Webster seriff's =
office is continuing the investigation, but the case should be turned =
over to the district attorney's office "pretty soon," Kemp said.  =
Coleman remained in custody Monday evening after a district judge =
refused to set bond for him.  "We believe robbery was the motive in the =
slayings," Kemp said.  "We are not sure how much was taken.  We don't =
know exactly how much the Teetsons had."

So .... the case progresses.  Lets hope they have the right person and =
that justice will prevail.  73, Wes