Rotator Repairs

SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Mar 21 11:48:51 EST 1996

Well yesterday was the first day of Spring here in Tennessee (supposedly) and
along with the ice/snow/rain/wind that whipped thru the area for the past 2
days, I couldn't help but notice a strange sound as I watched one of my beams
windmill around (chink, chink, chink). Brake failure by catastrophic
destruction? In any case, I've done all of my own rotor repairs  but am
considering letting a professional do it this time. I know CATS, and Norm's
and Hygain/Telex do repairs. What advantages does one have over the other?
Curious about your experiences.  I'm getting to redo some of my CONTEST
antennas so this is a good time.  BTW, the rotor is an older HAM-M type (but I
really can't see much difference between it and my HAM IV).

What say, O Great Ones!!!!???

					73, Mark K0EJ

>From ejedwards.oppd.gov" <EJEDWARDS at OPPD.GOV  Thu Mar 21 18:56:24 1996
From: ejedwards.oppd.gov" <EJEDWARDS at OPPD.GOV (ejedwards.oppd.gov)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 12:56:24 -0600
Subject: Nebraska QSO Party

Here's your chance to snag some rare counties!
Announcing the first annual:

        NEBRASKA QSO PARTY
 April 27, 1996, 1700 zulu Saturday
to  April 28, 1996, 1659 zulu Sunday

Sponsored by the Amateur Radio Clubs of Nebraska

Single Op - Single Transmitter Only
All Modes & Bands except WARC bands--12, 17, 30 Mhz

Exchange: Nebraska stations--RS(T) plus county
          All other stations--RS(T) plus state, VE province or DXCC Country
Scoring: 1 pt per phone QSO, 2 pts per CW, digital, or video QSO
Multipliers: Nebraska stations--number of states, VE provinces & DXCC
             All others--number of Nebraska counties worked (Max 93)

Awards/Categories: total 5
     1 plaque for top Novice, Tech/Tech+ for Nebraska
     1 plaque for top Novice, Tech/Tech+ for US
     1 plaque for top overall Nebraska
     1 plaque for top overall US
     1 plaque for top overall DX
     Certificates will be awarded depending on number of entries

Log & Summary sheets and official rules available upon request with #10 SASE.
Logs/summary sheet showing multipliers worked and scoring must be postmarked
no later than May 31, 1996 and sent to:

          Nebraska QSO Party
             P.O. Box 375
     Fort Calhoun, NE  68023-0375

Pse enclose #10 SASE with logs for contest results.

Eddie Jay Edwards                         E-mail: ejedwards at oppd.gov
P.O. Box 375                              Amateur Radio Call: WD0GHA
Fort Calhoun, NE  68023-0375                Home PacketCluster: KN0L
U.S.A.                                AK-SAR-BEN ARC President, 1996
Visit AARC home page at  http://members.aol.com/aarc94/AKSARBEN.html