80 mtrs and touchlamps

n0dh at comtch.iea.com n0dh at comtch.iea.com
Tue May 14 16:20:32 EDT 1996

bbarr at charlotte.infi.net (WILLIAM L BARR) asked:

>Just wondering if I have the only touchcontrol lamps that come on and off
>while I use 80 mtrs and sometimes 40 mtrs. Tnks de N4UAJ.

Bill

Nope you aint the only one! I had a very confused neighbor in Huntsville
Alabama who had that problem..Seems the touch lamps in his bedroom
would come on flashing at all hours of the night. For a while he
thought he had "poltergiest" ~8^). Then one day I went over and
placed some "magic iron rings" (torroids) on his light cords
and the poltergeists gave up the ghost (pun intended !).........

If you own the lamp the problem is much easier to fix. Either disconnect
the touch module and put in a conventional switch or buy the XYL a
new (non touch) lamp and put the old one in the next garage sale.

Dave
N0DH