SWR between rig and linear

Paul Fischer pff at bfs.uwm.edu
Fri May 24 09:57:30 EDT 1996

Hi,
   The relays in my kenwood ts430 go nuts whenever I run a relatively
large amount of power to my amp. The relays start to clatter back and
forth. Is this a SWR problem between the two components? It sure
seems so. Is this a common problem? If I check with my swr meter
and see a high swr can I correct this with a low power tuner between
the rig and linear? Thanks in advance.