1e6yka

EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM
Tue May 28 14:59:57 EDT 1996

Well:

I wish that 6 WAS one dah followed by more than 4 dits.

In fact, it IS, once in a while in SprINT.

Eric, NV6O
edwoods at pacbell.com

>From rlboyd at CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)  Tue May 28 22:02:25 1996
From: rlboyd at CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd) (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 17:02:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Contesting is dieing

Whenever we decide to go after this, I think we could have a contesting
home page or something equivalent, contributed to by the contest clubs
and the contest reflector, on which we do our very best job of putting
our best foot forward, and touting contests as "the biggest computer
game in the world," in which as many as 30,000 (whatever the number is)
people play at once, all "on-line" (on the air, the biggest "on-line"
there is), and play against themself but also against each other, all
interacting with each other, not just with their computer software.

Our contesting logging programs could even be redesigned or have an
optional "computer game" interface, meaning the display might appear
more like a computer game or pinball game, or something, while still
retaining the necessary logging info -- like the pinball game goes
"ding-ding-ding-ding" and racks up the points when you hit certain
things, our contest display could go ding-ding-ding-ding when we work a
double mult, etc. (I realize we do get positive feedback now, but we can
"pump it up" more).

Anyway, we can ride this wave in our own way if we make up our mind to
do so.  73 - Rich Boyd KE3Q