KT3Y CW WPX Score

Kt3y at aol.com Kt3y at aol.com
Tue May 28 19:41:43 EDT 1996

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.28302.emout14.mail.aol.com.833323302

Please see file attached.

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.28302.emout14.mail.aol.com.833323302

=0D

KT3Y  CW WPX Score S/O HP unassisted
=0D

My congratulations to KE2PF for an exceptional score. With marginal condx=

overall and heavy QRN on the low bands, a "super" station clearly makes =

a difference. =

=0D
In addition, my congratulations to Bob KQ2M  (4.6M) who beat my "all wire=
" =

antenna score with a similar setup.  Also congratulations to Fred K3ZO  =

for taking the PVRC top spot with 4.7 M.   =

=0D

         QSO     Points   Prefixes  =

160        2            4          0   Compressed delta loop =

  80      92         372        20   Phased dipoles NE/SW, NW/SE dipole
  40    790       3554       376   3L wire beam NE,  N/S, E/W dipoles
  20    997       2412       259   5L wire beams NE and NW, stacked dipol=
es
(N/S, E/W)
  15     46          114        19   5L  wire beam NE,  3 lazy Hs
=0D
        1927       6456       674 =3D  4,351,344  =

=0D
 Station Description:
=0D
 IC765/AL1200
 IC765/AL82
=0D
All antennas mounted between trees. Heights 70 to 80 feet maximum.
Three two wire beverages (maximum length 450 feet) for receive.
=0D
I was pleased with the performance of the 3L 40 beam. It is an exceptiona=
l =

antenna with a very good pattern.  I am not sure of the exact height but
would estimate 75 feet maximum.
=0D
The phased dipoles on 80 (spaced about a quarter wave) also appear very =

promising. Computer modeling indicates that the gain over a dipole at  =

70 feet is 4.5 db bidirectionally with a lower radiation angle. =

=0D
73,  Phil =

=0D