MFJ-492x memory keyer

Bob Morris robrk at fyi.net
Sat Nov 2 15:55:03 EST 1996

ad4tu at esinet.net wrote:

>         A while back someone posted a 'fix' for a brain-dead MFJ 492x memory
> keyer.  Mine was working at that time so of course I didn't save the post.
> Now mine is in 'slumber' mode, and won't display any signs of life nor
> respond to any commands.  Will whoever gave the instructions on how to
> 'reset' this infernal device email them to me direct?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Pete/AD4TU = ad4tu at esinet.net
> Email:      ad4tu at esinet.net

This is not the prevous post...but my book says hold the menu button
down during power up...resets to factory settings...page 7 speakes of
lithium battery change...Mine was dead after Field Day....but CRS
prevents me from knowing which method fixed it (lifting the battery,
not a change). ..The book says have the unit ON!!! to replace battery.
Maybe it gets perminent CRS ??????????? GL K2RK