Right ICE numbers

Marijan Miletic S56A at S55TCP.ampr.org
Fri Nov 8 05:57:52 EST 1996

Few tech gurus commented on my short note on ICE filter attenuation and
I soon realized that I gave wrong numbers from the top of my head.
So back to Win-95 and ARRL Designer to find out first that capacitors
I mentioned were inside 40m filter :-)

ICE filter for 40m with generous Q=200 will attenute  >30dB on 80m,
>20dB on 20m, >30dB on 15m ultimately approaching -50dB on VHF giving
a GOOD TVI protection.

Two-top-coupled-resonant-circuits configuration might be optimal for a
reasonable power handling and as I said at the end (and beginning), we
will happily use ICE again this weekend in WAE RTTY contest under YL Jelka,
S57NW m/s two radios setup.

Give us as many QTC as Internet email lines by now :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.

P.S.  20dB number stuck in my 50+ old head came from DL7AV RX filter :-)