Dr. Pepper/ A Correction

ezimmerm at erols.com ezimmerm at erols.com
Fri Nov 15 23:21:16 EST 1996

Lou

I believe I was the one who said that K3ZO drank Dr. Pepper during
contests.  Fred was quick to point out in reply on this reflector that he
USED to dring Dr. P but not more.  He now opted for healthful fruit
juices.

I might also mention that Bob Cox K3EST, the eminent director of the CQWW
contest, was also a consumer of Dr. P.  I saw him operate on more than
one occasion for the entire 48 hours of the CQWW without sleep on no food
and only a few bottles of Dr. P.  When we were both young men (back in
the Middle Ages), he also could limit his trips to the bathroom to one
per 24 hours.  He never told me how he was able to do that.

I personally drink carbonated beverages during a contest because I have a
carbon dioxide deficit.  Were I to seriously operate an SS, I would
recommend a quart of Jim Beam.  That would allow me to forget how
hundreds of Qs Jeff Steinman was ahead of me.

Good luck in the SS.

Gene  W3ZZ