T77WI - WWDX 96 - SSB Log Available on WEB

gmontico at omniway.sm gmontico at omniway.sm
Wed Nov 20 20:55:30 EST 1996

Have you make a contact during WWDX Contest with me ?
Yes?
Now check your contact in:
http://inthenet.sm/arrsm/ww96_01.htm

From: oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:23:13 -0600
Subject: Two More SS Jammming Incidents

Our club station had been running people for 10 or so Qs after asking twice
whether the frequency was busy, when someone started CQing right on top of
us.  We told him the freq was busy and we'd been there for a while, he said
he'd been there for 4 hrs.  Weird propagation? - maybe, but he must have
gone from inaudible to easily audible in a few seconds.   We moved a bit,
he followed us like a little kid and CQd on top of us again.  We moved a
bit more (we're not aggressive), he follows us again and CQs, says "it ain't
going to work, buddy".  We ignore him, make Qs over and through him and he
eventually crawls back under his rock and leaves us alone.

This was on 20m and by a fellow contester, or someone pretending to be one -
and the lid was using the callsign of someone who has posted his results to
the contest reflector within the last few days.    With contesters like this,
who needs the SSTV crowd.

I'd name the guy, but I'm still hoping that it was someone bootlegging a call.

Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu